Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Roll


Okay, So I'm stealing someone else's recipe again. I got this one from Tiffany a while back and Brian and I LOVE it! It does take quite a bit off time (sitting in the fridge), but it's really easy and SO yummy!
Cake-

3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
Mix ingredients together. Spray cookie sheet and line with wax paper (leave a little hanging over the edge of cookie sheet). Spray wax paper also. Pour mixture onto wax paper. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar on a dish towel. Hold onto sides of wax paper and flip the pumpkin bread onto the dish towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Filling-
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. butter
1 cup powdered sugar
Unroll cake. Spread topping and roll back up (not with towel :)) Wrap in foil and freeze. I let it sit in the freezer for a while and then precut slices, that way we dont have to dirty a knife every time we want a piece.
Marie Cluff

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I just made those last weekend and I'm making more for Jennie's shower! I LOVE THEM! And I love that you can do them the day before and just put them in the freezer. They are delicious and pretty easy! Just use lots of powdered sugar on the towel (a tip from Tiffany!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually stopped using towels, I just use wax paper that I spray first. It seems to work just as good as the towel and it's one less thing to clean up! And it is THE best dessert for keeping a long time. We don't have to try to eat it all in a day or 2, it lasts a long time in the freezer. So yummy, I think I'll have a piece right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try to make this for my jewelry party.

    ReplyDelete